There is no denying the power of bodywork. The reasons we seek massage treatments vary from decompressing from a busy week at work to alleviating life-long chronic back pain. Whether you appreciate its relaxing rejuvenating or therapeutic qualities, it is clear that massage therapy is an immensely powerful ally in your healthcare regimen.
Experts estimate that upwards of 90% of disease is stress related. Perhaps nothing ages us faster, internally and externally, than stress. While eliminating anxiety and pressure altogether in this fast paced world may be idealistic, massage can help reduce and manage stress.
Receiving one massage can help unwind tension in the body. Receiving a series of massage treatments multiplies the benefits and helps alleviate many chronic health issues. Additionally, client often report a sense of clarity after receiving a massage. Bodywork provides an emotional balancing that can often be just as vital and valuable as the more tangible physical benefits. The following are just a few of the physical benefits:
- Alleviate low backspin and improve range of motion
- Relieve arthritis aches, stiffness and pain
- Enhance and stimulate the body’s natural immune system
- Exercise weak, tight or atrophied muscles
- Improve joint flexibility
- Assist athletes in recovery from strenuous activities
- Decrease depression and anxiety
- Reduce post-surgery adhesions and swelling
- Improve concentration and energy levels
- Lower diastolic blood pressure and stress hormones
- Enhance sleep quality
Sarahlynn M Etta
Licensed Massage Therapist
Certified Manual Lymphatic Drainage Therapist
Contact Us for a free consultation to learn more about Mt Rainier Clinic and what we can do for you.
By Email, or visit our site